Guide Price £1,295,000 - Available
Pangbourne village & train station 4 miles ● M4 (junction 12) 5 miles ● Newbury 7 miles ● Reading 10 miles ● Heathrow 45 minutes` drive ● Walking distance to village shop and school
(all distances and timings approximate)
4,776 sq ft / 443 m² Gardens & Grounds 0.34 acres / 0.14 hectares
(all measurements are approximate)
A splendid 5/6 double bedroom character country house with some fine views, constructed to very high standard approximately 3 years ago. This is a very special modern property, combining charm and character together, with all the advantages of today`s hi tech world.
Set in a very beautiful location, overlooking acres and acres of Yattendon Estate owned land to the side and rear, with wonderful walks through natural countryside, in an area noted for its outstanding rural beauty and charm. Situated just outside the famous period village of Yattendon with its fantastic village shop and the Royal Oak Country House Hotel and Restaurant.
Thee Oakes is an unusually spacious family residence with fine well-proportioned rooms,
a superb kitchen/breakfast room and a Baronial hall with lime flagstone flooring and oak staircases reaching gracefully to the first floor and to the second floor (see note 1).
There is a spectacular use of natural polished oak joinery throughout the property, with double door access from the hall to the kitchen/breakfast room and the drawing room, and French doors giving access to the rear gardens from the sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room and drawing room. The drawing room and sitting room have large open fireplaces fitted with wood burning stoves. Golden polished oak planked flooring to both the family room and the sitting room and bleached oak floor to study.
All the bedrooms are large doubles, with bedroom 1 having a well fitted dressing room as well as a high quality bathroom with large shower. There is a large first floor landing with the oak staircase continuing to the second floor (see note 1).
The frontage to the property is large and can accommodate a number of cars, with access to a detached double garage with an office over. A CCTV security system has been installed with security alarms and there is a pair of electrically operated 5-bar gates giving access for pedestrians and vehicles.
The rear gardens have been landscaped with a large flagstone terrace area for summer entertaining and BBQs. With splendid views over the whole of the rear boundary to natural countryside, with the rear garden mainly laid to well-maintained lawns and laurel hedges giving seclusion.
The property is wired ready for connection to a home entertainment unit if required, with fitted speakers to the ceilings downstairs. The property has Cat 5 cabling laid on.
Note 1: The second floor has a very spacious play room / games room or extra bedroom and bathroom if so desired. Plumbing provision has been made for a bathroom and air vent tiles to the roof for the bathroom extractor fan. Pre wired lighting and power points.
The second floor has planning permission to install two dormer windows to the front and two to the rear.
● The splendid rural location and outstanding views
● The property has been individually designed and constructed to the highest standards with high levels of insulation, with the architects warranty certificate
● The fabulous kitchen/breakfast room with polished granite work surfaces, a large island unit with a breakfast bar and fitted microwave, fitted Rangemaster 5 ring induction hob, double oven, separate grill, fitted dishwasher and a Rangemaster American style fridge freezer with ice machine
● The large reception hall
● A large open fireplace to the drawing room fitted with wood burning stove and a rustic Bessemer beam over
● Magnificent oak joinery throughout
● The imposing beamed green oak porch in the traditional style to the main entrance door
● Superb quality sanitary fittings to cloakroom, bathrooms and shower rooms
● The potential to easily increase the accommodation on the second floor if so desired
● Wonderful protected views to the rear and left, as the land is owned by Lord Iliffe Yattendon Estate
● A ducted central vacuum hoover cleaning system throughout the property, 2 points on the ground floor and first floor and 1 point in the loft area
● Detached double garage block with office over
● The unusually large car parking area to the front
Summary of accommodation: Entrance porch, large reception hall, cloakroom, drawing room, sitting room, family room, large kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, study with bleached oak flooring, 5 double bedrooms, 3 bath/shower rooms, dressing room to bedroom 1, large games room with staircase from first floor with full planning permission for conversion if so required, full wiring throughout for integrated music/entertainment/security system. Double garage with twin electrically operated rollover doors, external staircase to office area above.
Insulation: Ground floor walls 120mm Cellotex, ground floor ceilings 250mm fibre glass acoustic quilt silver foil bubble insulation. First floor ceilings Gen x Superfoil multi-layer 200mm fibre glass. The property scores a very high EPC rating for a detached house of 87.
Lighting: Low voltage LED lamps 4-5 w.
Windows / doors: Are top grade A+ rated
Heating: Oil fired boiler with 300 litre Megaflow hot water cylinder, wet floor underfloor heating to the ground floor with radiators to the first floor.
Entrance gates: Electric entrance gates and intercom.
Garage: Electrically operated roll up and over garage doors.
Gardens and grounds: The rear gardens have been landscaped with a large flagstone terrace area for summer entertaining, with splendid views over natural countryside. The garden is mainly laid to lawn and laurel hedges give seclusion. The front of the property is large and can accommodate a number of cars, and there is access to a detached double garage with office over.
Gardens & Grounds extending to: 0.34 acres / 0.14 hectares.
Local facilities: Yattendon village is within walking distance; where there is a first rate and highly regarded primary school, the famous Country House Hotel & Restaurant; The Royal Oak, and what is now one of the most important focal points of village life at Yattendon; The Village Stores and Post Office. There has been a shop in Yattendon since the 1600s and it currently offers a Post Office counter and provides a wide range of convenience foods for local residents including produce from Vicars Game, West Berkshire Brewery and The Wineman. Yattendon has a thriving community and a popular tennis club.
Bradfield College has a fabulous sports complex within walking distance open to public membership, with a fine indoor pool, indoor tennis courts, squash, gym and fitness centre. There is a 9-hole golf course at Bradfield College which is open to public membership.
For extra shopping and amenities, Pangbourne village is 10 minutes` drive and has a fabulous selection of award winning specialist shops, restaurants, riverside pubs, a health centre, dentists, hairdressers and a train station giving a fast train service connection to London Paddington.
Schools: Yattendon is within the catchment area for the highly sought after The Downs School at Compton and the highly regarded Yattendon Primary. Within easy driving distance of Bradfield College, Pangbourne College, St Andrew`s Preparatory School, Cranford House, Moulsford Preparatory, Elstree, St Gabriel`s Girls School and Downe House Girls School.
Directions: From the offices of Singleton & Daughter turn left, proceed over the mini roundabout and turn first right at St James the Less Church. Proceed up Pangbourne Hill following the signs for Yattendon at the T-junction turn right and then left. Just before Yattendon village, there is a turning on the left called Scratchface Lane, which is signposted to Stanford Dingley and Burnt Hill with a bus shelter on the left, turn left into Scratchface Lane. The property is a short distance on the left hand side.
Services: Mains electricity, water, modern septic tank drainage, oil fired central heating, underfloor heating to ground floor rooms and 1st floor bathrooms, elsewhere heated by radiators.
Post Code: RG18 0XD
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire, Tax Band G
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Modern character country house
- Three bathrooms
- Natural polished oak joinery throughout
- Double garage with office over
- Architects 8 year certificate/ warranty
- Five/Six bedrooms
- Hi tech features including CAT 5 cabling
- Rear gardens overlooking Yattendon estate land
- Ample parking
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.