Guide Price £1,995,000 - Under Offer
5,838 sq ft / 542 m² (approx)
Gardens 0.78 acre (approx)
A stunning character 6 bedroom, country house originally constructed in 1910 with some later additions and major renovation in recent years. This property certainly has the ‘wow` factor and is set in a prime location and highly sought after road. Architect designed, lavishly refitted and redesigned to exacting standards. Situated adjacent to and overlooking open natural countryside and set in what is considered to be one of the most important and valuable semi-rural residential lanes in Pangbourne.
Occupying a wonderful position within old established gardens that have been recently re-landscaped. Franklands is entered by way of a private lane with video intercom electric gates complete with pedestrian side entrance.
This is a peaceful, private, very exclusive location with seclusion and a high level of security.
● The spectacular reception hall with limestone flooring and double height full glass window overlooking the gardens
● The large drawing room opening into dining room, with open log fire and polished oak flooring
● A state of the art cinema room, which has been purpose designed and automated by Crestron, with fitted projector, acoustic panelling, permanent acoustically transparent screen hiding speakers and electrically operated black out blinds to the windows, which also allows the use of this room as a family room if so desired
● Crestron have also been responsible for automating lighting, audio and video throughout the property. To future proof the property there is Cat 6 cabling throughout and various controls via wall mounted touch screens iPad control or remotes
● All windows are bespoke aluminium, including bi-fold doors to the kitchen and conservatory to the gardens, and have an energy efficient A rating
● This property has been taken back to bare brick, rendered externally, insulated to a high level, re wired and re plumbed with new boilers
● The whole of the ground floor has under floor heating
● The fabulous living/kitchen area is spacious with limestone flooring and polished stone working surfaces, a central island with walnut breakfast bar and beautifully designed Italian drawers and cupboard units. Fitted and concealed twin fridge freezers, Miele ovens, microwaves and a wine cooler. Twin stainless steel sinks with waste disposal unit.
● All windows throughout the property enjoy exceptionally pretty rural views
● All the bathrooms and showers, as one would expect from a house of this quality, are top of the range
● A useful laundry room will be found on the first floor as well as the utility room on the ground floor (with a further freezer and water softening unit), both with Belfast sinks and wood surfaces
● The master bedroom suite is large and very light with ensuite bathroom and dressing room
● It should be noted that the first floor ceiling structure has been strengthened to allow immediate simple conversion of the loft area to further accommodation by the new owner if required
● Full video NSI approved security system
● Annexe/ above garage block - The first floor bedroom with large bathroom benefits from direct access to a large roof terrace enjoying views over fields and the gardens. An interesting feature is a large walk over section of toughened glass (3 x 1.5m) which floods light into the room below. The rear of this building has been designed for multiple use which can include further accommodation, a gym or games room and provides the purchaser the option to configure to their needs
● Further self-contained 1st floor annexe (integral to main house) with separate staircase from ground floor with double bedroom and top of the range fitted bathroom and shower
● Recently constructed large garage block suitable for two cars, with extensive storage, twin electric up and over doors and a central pair of pedestrian doors giving central access and also useful for storage for bicycles
● Easy access from Franklands to lots of footpaths stretching for miles though natural countryside for the dog walking or biking enthusiast
● This is a fabulous family house, in a wonderful location, that benefits from having undergone a complete architectural redesign that enables modern living whilst maintaining the property`s character
Summary of accommodation: Drawing room, family room, cinema room, large kitchen/living room, conservatory, large reception hall, utility room, 2 cloakrooms.
First floor: 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dressing room to master bedroom, dressing room/study to bedroom 2, galleried landing, utility room.
Garage/Annexe/Office: Garage block for 2 cars; twin doors to central storage area, large games room to rear, first floor bedroom and ensuite bathroom, roof terrace with a central weight bearing glazed floor.
Gardens and grounds: South facing rear gardens, a fully automated irrigation system, the patios are Indian sand stone with to one side a sunken hot tub and a heated exercise pool with Brazilian hardwood decking, under which is a large rain water tank. The whole of the garden has recently been professionally landscaped and replanted, still retaining the maturity of the established old garden. Gardens extending to 0.78 acre / 0.32 hectare
Local facilities: Pangbourne is a wonderful period village with a fine selection of award winning independent shops, a small supermarket, health centre, dentists, library, hairdressers, riverside pubs and fine restaurants. Beale Wildlife Park & Gardens is a lovely place for young families with amazing animals, birds, gardens, play parks, a splash pool and miniature train. Basildon Park is a National Trust property featuring a splendid Georgian mansion surrounded by 400 acres of parkland.
There are also plenty of facilities for the golfing enthusiast in the area; Streatley Hills, Mapledurham and Calcot to name but a few.
Pangbourne offers superb transport links with a fast train service to London Paddington, Oxford and Reading, the imminent Crossrail offering fast links to the City in the coming years, as well as buses to all local areas. Junction 12 of the M4 at Theale is only five minutes driving distance.
There is a first class fitness centre at Bradfield College, which is open to membership, with a very fine indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts, indoor tennis courts and 9-hole golf course. The large supermarkets of Waitrose and Sainsbury`s are within easy driving distance.
Excellent schools: Franklands is located within easy reach of a number of fine schools. Pangbourne College is just up the road; Bradfield College and St Andrew`s Preparatory School are within easy driving distance, as are The Oratory School, Downe House, Cranford House and Moulsford Preparatory School. There are bus pick up points in Pangbourne for Abingdon Boys and St Helen & St Katharine Girls schools in Abingdon, and Reading School for boys and Kendrick School for girls in Reading are easily accessible by a short train journey. Pangbourne Primary School and Englefield
Directions: From the offices of Dudley Singleton & Daughter,
Services: Mains electricity, gas and water. Gas fired central heating. Septic tank, drained 1 to 2 times a year.
Post Code: RG8 8JY
Local Authority and Council Tax Band: West Berkshire Council. Band. H
Viewing by arrangement with vendor`s agent, Dudley Singleton & Daughter, No. 1 Station Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7AN.
Tel: 0118 984 2662
Websites: www.singletonanddaughter.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.mayfairoffice.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, www.countrylife.co.uk
London Office: Cashel House, 15 Thayer Street, London, W1.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dudley Singleton & Daughter for themselves and for the vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. We relied upon our own brief inspection and information supplied to us by the vendors. (i) The description, including photographs of the property and its contents, are intended to be a guide only rather than a detailed and accurate report and inventory. (ii) Floor plans, measurements, areas and distances are intended to be approximately only. (iii) Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check measurements. The position of bathroom fittings as shown on the plan is indicative only – sizes, shapes and the exact locations may differ. Wall thicknesses, together with window and door sizes are approximate only and window and door openings are shown without frame details. (iv) Photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current and no assumption should be made that any contents shown in them are included in the sale.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permission for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them:
3. No person in the employment of Dudley Singleton & Daughter has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for their purpose. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or surveyor.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
- Stunning 6 bedroom country house with a superb kitchen/ living room
- Highly desirable and sought after road
- 4 bathrooms
- State of the art cinema room
- Hot tub and heated exercise pool
- Refitted and redesigned to exacting standards
- 6 bedrooms
- Luxurious specification
- Gardens of approx 0.78 acre
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
The Environmental Impact Rating is a measure of a home's impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (C02) emissions - the higher the rating, the less impact it has on the environment.